Plymouth Argyle have appointed Miron Muslic as their next head coach following the sacking of Wayne Rooney.
Article continues below
Article continues below
Article continues below
Rooney sacked by PlymouthPilgrims bottom of ChampionshipMuslic appointed as new head coachFollow GOAL on WhatsApp! 🟢📱WHAT HAPPENED?
Plymouth parted company with the 39-year-old at the end of last year, ending a sorry spell at the Championship's basement side. Now, the Pilgrims have named former Cercle Brugge boss Muslic as the new man in the dugout, signing a three-and-a-half-year deal.
AdvertisementWHAT PLYMOUTH SAID
Club chairman Simon Hallett told Plymouth's website: "Miron had a clear vision of how he wanted to take Argyle forward and showed a depth of tactical awareness that made it clear exactly how he wanted the team to set up and play. He comes with glowing reviews from his time at Cercle Brugge where he took a team from a lowly league position to European football which is no mean feat. I want to welcome him to the club and look forward to seeing him have an immediate impact on the team.”
THE BIGGER PICTURE
Rooney has now been sacked from two jobs in the space of 12 months after being dismissed by Birmingham City in early 2024. Meanwhile, new man Muslic – who guided Cercle Brugge to 43 wins in his 101 games in charge of the Belgian top-flight team – has the huge task of keeping bottom-of-the-table Plymouth in the Championship.
AFPWHAT NEXT?
Plymouth, who are three points from safety with 21 games remaining, take on Brentford in the FA Cup third round on Saturday.






