Saudi Pro League side Al-Nassr have been criticised after a transfer that would have brought Feyenoord a club record fee collapsed.
Deal agreed for Feyenoord starDutch side expecting transfer windfallAl-Nassr pull out at the last minuteFollow GOAL on WhatsApp! 🟢📱WHAT HAPPENED?
Feyenoord defender David Hancko had looked set join Cristiano Ronaldo's side after leaving his club on Friday to link up with Al-Nassr for pre-season, according to ESPN. The player and the club had both agreed the transfer and signed and submitted the relevant documentation. However, Al-Nassr have now pulled the plug on the transfer, leaving Feyenoord furious.
AdvertisementGetty Images SportTHE BIGGER PICTURE
The Eredivisie side had expected a club-record fee for Hancko who had been pursued by Al-Nassr for some time. The Slovakia international is now set to return to Robin van Persie's side for pre-season which, although unexpected, is not the worst news as Feyenoord have just lost Thomas Beelen to a broken leg. Yet the Dutch side may also have preferred the income from Hancko's sale and are clearly unhappy with the way the events have unfolded.
WHAT FEYENOORD SAID
A club spokesperson told ESPN: "It's truly scandalous how a club would treat a player this way. This has never happened before."
social gfx/ Getty ImagesWHAT NEXT FOR AL-NASSR?
Jorge Jesus's side are currently in pre-season training and are due to face Toulouse on Wednesday in a friendly in Austria.






